Mosaic Place is a world-class hospitality environment for trade, sporting, entertainment and cultural events which bring innovation, enrichment and prosperity to Saskatchewan. We enrich the quality of life for our employees, customers, visitors and the community through the hosting and delivery of local, regional, national and international events. At Mosaic Place, each individual is given the opportunity to create a career filled with challenges and rewards. We encourage qualified applicants to apply.
You can provide your resume for future consideration as well as fill out an appliation:
In Person: Administration Office, Mosaic Place (306-624-2040)
Hours of Operation: 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
110 1st Avenue N. W.
Moose Jaw SK S6H 0Y8
For Fundraising Opportunities, please see bottom of page.
Mosaic Place & YaraCentre Facilities
Position Supervisor, Facility Operations
Submit resumes no later than September 19, 2014 to:
110 First Avenue North West
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 0Y8
The Supervisor, Facility Operations is responsible for the efficient delivery of all YaraCentre and Mosaic Place Events. This position is also responsible for the general maintenance and repairs required at both facilities. Ensure that all building supplies and equipment are at sufficient levels and in good repair. The Supervisor, Facility Operations is expected to mentor operations staff and be responsible for the training, scheduling, appraisals, discipline, and the assignment of daily tasks. Assist the Engineering Supervisor and Chief Engineer when required. The Supervisor, Facility Operations is expected to attend and fully participate in all relevant meetings. Responsible for the implementation of all requirements as listed in Event Service Orders. Prepare purchase orders, request quotes, and order supplies in accordance with annual budget parameters and purchasing policies.
- Reports to: General Manager, Director of Facility Operations
- Supervises: Operations Staff
- Interfaces with: Senior Leadership, guests/customers, other employees
- Completion of Grade 12
- 3-4 years’ experience in arena operations or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA) Arena Level 1 & 2, Certified Ice Technician (CIT) designation, or equivalent
- Saskatchewan Curling Association Level 1 Curling Ice Certification is an asset
- Forklift Operator’s Certificate
- Buildings Systems Technician Certification or equivalent level of experience or training
- Experience in HVAC systems preventative maintenance and troubleshooting
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and safety policies established by the facility
- Demonstrated ability to deal courteously, effectively and tactfully with the general public and building vendors
- This position is included as a “position of trust” under the Criminal Record Check Policy
- Maintenance and development of PMP for all building equipment of Mosaic Place and YaraCentre
- Scheduling of staff for events and organizing groups of approximately 15 people for concert set up and tear downs.
- Operation and maintenance of equipment owned by facility, City or leased from external vendor. This includes, but is not limited to, tractors & attachments, bobcats, scissor lifts, forklifts, air compressors and trucks.
- Act as a crew leader for temporary employees doing one or more smaller projects
- Assume responsibility for the routine operation of arena ice plant and HVAC equipment
- Inspect the refrigeration plant and record the necessary readings
- Responsible to carry out routine maintenance and repairs to HVAC systems as per the facilities preventative maintenance program
- Prepare and maintain records of facility programming and usage
- Supervising and assisting permanent or temporary staff in the activities related to the set-up or tear-down logistics of facility events
- Follow safe and proper working procedure and practices adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Deal with the public and vendors in a courteous manner
- Basic cleaning, sweeping, mopping and janitorial of facility dressing rooms, bench areas and dressing rooms entry areas / hallways, concession areas, curling lounge & concourse; respond to immediate matters such as replacing of lights, replacing arena glass, repairing of locks, facility janitorial, cleaning or snow removal situations as necessary
- This Position is expected to perform duties, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests or assignments as directed by management
- Walking or standing: 7-8 hours/day
- Job requires pushing, climbing, working at heights,bending, pulling or lifting
- Requires shift work to accommodate facility shift schedule, on a rotating basis
- May be required to work more than a forty hour work week
General Duties & Responsibilities
Mosaic Place and YaraCentre function on a seven-day per-week basis. The industry that our facilities are involved with demand excellent customer service and is a high paced industry, which will require all our employees to work different shifts and schedules to accommodate the changing demands of business, including weekends and Holidays. The number of hours worked each week may be adjusted to meet the changing demands of business, which may require working more or less than forty hours in a week.
Position: Facilities Cleaner
Type: Part-Time Casual, Maternity Leave,
flexible 20-40 Hours/week
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Manager, YaraCentre
- Minimum Grade 12
- Cleaning experience in a commercial building
- WHMIS training
- First Aid / CPR certification an asset
- Experience operating cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of general cleaning products and related chemicals
- Walking or standing: 7-8 hours/day
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs., walk crouch, bend and kneel
Summary of Duties:
Ensure the cleanliness of floors, walls, doors, glass and various fixtures as directed. Operate and maintain all related cleaning equipment and tools. Perform basic equipment maintenance on all related cleaning equipment to ensure proper operation. Complete all assigned tasks in a friendly, positive and professional manner. Assist with the set up and teardown of events that may be hosted in either facility, as requested. Maintain an image and attitude that reflects the goals and strategies of MosaicPlace and the YaraCentre.
Downtown and Soccer/Field-House Facilities Overview:
Located in southwestern Saskatchewan, Moose Jaw’s Mosaic Place is a 210,000 square foot facility featuring an entertainment/sports bowl, an 8 sheet curling club and conference centre. Bowl seating is 4,465 for hockey spectators and 5000+ for events & concerts.
YaraCentre has attracted impressive attendance since opening its doors November 2010. The 120,000 square foot facility boasts a national size soccer turf surface (60m x 100m); currently home to local sports associations including soccer, touch football, lacrosse, fast pitch & ultimate frisbee, a 365m walking track and YaraCentre Fitness.
Mosaic Place and YaraCentre are active public facilities; personal presentation is very important! Building and staff image with regards to our language and dealing with any and every customer should be a pleasant experience.
Submit resumes no later than 5:00 p.m. – Tuesday, September 23, 2014
P.O. Box 1220
1220 High Street West.
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 4R3
Mosaic Place & YaraCentre
Casual On-Call Event Staff
Located in southwestern Saskatchewan, Moose Jaw’s Mosaic Place is a 210,000 square foot facility featuring an entertainment/sports bowl where many thrilling events are held. There is also an 8 sheet curling club, and distinct meeting areas including a large banquet room. Bowl seating is 4,465 for hockey spectators and 5000+ for events & concerts.
Mosaic Place is currently seeking interested community members who would like to assist with various tasks related to special events held in our facilities on an on-call basis. Successful candidates will report to Supervisors assigned to Mosaic Place events and provide tactical and logistical assistance such as:
- Merchandise sales assistance
- Set up and tear-down of displays
- Customer service
- Other tasks as required for event success
Shifts will be a minimum of three hours and at various hours due to the nature of activities scheduled at Mosaic Place, and will be paid per diem. You must be able to work well with limited supervision and/or within a team.
Candidates are required to have;
- Ability to deal courteously, effectively and tactfully with the general public and building vendors
- This position is as a “position of trust” and successful applicants will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check
To be a part of the exciting Concerts, Trade shows, and Much More at Mosaic Place, please apply in person, via mail or email as shown below. These positions are available immediately.
Submit resumes to: